Junior Visual Designer
Full-time • Dublin
We're looking for a visual designer with a passion for interactive design and cares deeply about their work contributing to making a meaningful difference.
The role would suit a visual communications graduate looking to transition more into the digital design space.
We are looking for a new team member who is ready to settle into a long term role with a small close-knit design team where you will contribute to creating work you are proud of for some of Ireland's leading arts and cultural organisations.
Working under the Creative Director and alongside the UX designer and developer, you will get hands-on experience on a wide range of projects with the opportunity to make a real contribution the design of new projects and the ongoing upkeep of our clients websites.
Who we are looking for:
- BA in Visual Communications (required).
- Minimum 2-3 years professional agency experience.
- A strong portfolio that showcases your knowledge of typography, creativity, and ability to communicate.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud – Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD.
- Versatile, organised, and detail-oriented designer who is always learning, acquiring new skills, and pushing their own thinking.
- Knows how to think about designing across a range of screen sizes and device types.
- Can juggle multiple projects concurrently.
- A positive, team-first mindset, a lack of ego, and a productive can do approach.
- Be based in Dublin and already eligible to live and work in Ireland.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
Here are a few of the things you’ll do with Pixel Design:
- Create and/or contribute to a wide range of design projects that include identity and logo development, wireframing, information architecture, website design, graphic design, marketing and communication design, etc.
- Support our clients with the day-to-day update of their websites.
- Bring energy, ideas, and enthusiasm to your work and our team!
This is a full time position based in our offices in Dublin 2. Working from home is facilitated temporarily during Covid-19 restrictions, with initial onboarding & training taking place on-site in our offices with safely measures in place.
About Pixel Design
Pixel Design is an award-winning web design studio established in 2006 who specialises in creating strategically focused, beautiful, and accessible websites and digital experiences for organisations who we believe make a positive impact on the world.
Our Culture & Values
Integrity – We always work with the best interest of the client at heart, with transparency and responsibility.
Understanding – Always take a research-first approach, only solving a problem once we understand it.
Performance – Committed to staying focused with continued accuracy and attention to detail throughout every project working to the highest standards.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the role please send an email titled “Junior Visual Designer Role” to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Your CV
- A cover letter telling us a bit about yourself, and why you’re interested in working with Pixel Design.
- Link to your own portfolio website (or behance etc)
- Link to any websites you have worked on outlining your contribution.
- Desired salary range
Apply by Friday 15th January 2021.
(Please note this is not a UX design role).