Full-time • Dublin
We are seeking a Visual Designer – to contribute to the creative output across a range of website design projects – with demonstrated expertise in website interface design.
As a design team member you will create websites for some of Ireland's leading arts and cultural organisations, which deliver clarity and usability for audiences, and help our clients achieve their strategic goals.
You should have a strong desire to define the look and feel of what is next is website visual design and an interest in the latest trends and technologies.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Design beautiful, intuitive, user-focused website interfaces, that will work across multiple devices and platforms, reflect the clients brand, and are ready to hand-over to a developer.
- Translate client business requirements, wireframes and technical requirements into designs that are visually enticing, easy to use, and emotionally engaging.
- Assist our clients with ongoing updates and maintenance of their websites.
Who we are looking for:
- You have a BA in Visual Communications.
- 4-5 years industry experience in website/digital design, ideally in a design studio environment.
- A strong portfolio or work, demonstrating web/digital interface design projects, and showcases your knowledge of typography, creativity, and ability to communicate.
- Experience designing websites that are accessible to all users and adhere to the WCAG guidelines.
- A solid understanding of designing intuitive site functionality, interaction, user interfaces, and navigation.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically Adobe XD (or Figma/Sketch).
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects concurrently.
- You know how to take ownership and responsibility for what you produce, meeting internal and client deadlines.Ability to communicate your ideas clearly, speak to clients and present your work.
- A great attitude to your work, a lack of ego, and a proactive can do approach.
- Self motivated to stay up to date with changes in industry best practice and have a focus on continuous learning and development.
- Are based in Dublin and already eligible to live and work in Ireland.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
About Pixel Design
Pixel Design is an award-winning web design studio established in 2006 who specialises in creating strategically focused, beautiful, and accessible websites and digital experiences for organisations who we believe make a positive impact on the world.
Our Culture & Values
Integrity – We always work with the best interest of the client at heart, with transparency and responsibility.
Understanding – Always take a research-first approach, only solving a problem once we understand it.
Performance – Committed to staying focused with continued accuracy and attention to detail throughout every project working to the highest standards.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the role please send an email titled “Visual Designer Role” to email@example.com with the following:
- Your CV
- A cover letter telling us a bit about yourself, and why you’re interested in working with Pixel Design. We would love to hear about what values drive you and your work.
- Links to your own website along with websites you’ve worked on.
- Desired salary range
Apply by Friday 15th January 2021.
(Please note this is not a UX design role).
Although this is a full-time role we are open to hearing from designers interested to work with us on a freelance basis. Please include your hourly rate with your application.